The Yolanda and David Katz
Faculty of the Arts
The Samuel Rubin
Academy of Music
Tel Aviv University
The Samuel Rubin Academy of Music was founded in 1945. In 1966, under the direction of Professor E. Partos, it became part of Tel Aviv University. The Academy awards the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, with studies for the BA and B.Mus. extending for four years. The Academy of Music offers a Composition and Theory Program, as well as Music Performance Program, Departments of Vocal and Instrumental Performance, and Choral and Orchestral Conducting.
The Mark Lee Greenstein Music Library serves the students and faculty of the
academy and the Musicology Department. The electronic Music Studio, established
in 1975, is an important part of the academy, used for the study of electronic
music as well as by the Composition Department. The Academy of Music students
and faculty have earned an international reputation for musical performance,
conducting, composition and music theory, has set new standards of excellence in
music education in Israel and abroad. The Academy’s members and students teach
and perform in Israel and in the world’s capitals. The students and ensembles of
the academy have recorded impressive achievements in performances, festivals and
The Academy is home to musical ensembles, an orchestra, a choir and opera workshops. In addition, the academy regularly hosts students concerts, "Musicampus"”, Recital Stage”, the Katz Piano Competition and theClairmont Competition, which are open to entrants not connected to the Academy. The Academy has made great efforts to absorb immigrant musicians. In the years 91-93 the number of students has been doubled by talented young musicians from the countries of the former Soviet Union.
|Faculty Members||Course List 2002-2003|
The Samuel Rubin Academy of Music of Tel-Aviv University is located in the Samuel Rubin Academy of Music Building at the Tel-Aviv University campus, and is part of the Yolanda and David Katz Faculty of the Arts.